Guimar Vaca Sittic is an Argentine entrepreneur turned investor who specializes in marketplaces. Currently based in New York City, Guimar is a principal at FJ Labs.
Outline of This Episode
- [0:17] How Guimar got started in the startup world.
- [2:33] The path Guimar followed from Argentina to Chicago and beyond.
- [5:00] How Guimar was able to make his Argentinian startup happen.
- [7:45] Guimar’s advice about Latin American startups persevering toward bigger ideas.
- [12:09] The next steps after acquisition.
- [20:30] The choices Guimar made about traveling and the real costs of doing so.
- [27:34] Why FJ Labs has taken on so many international investments.
- [32:30] Success stories in building and funding businesses.
- [37:50] Why Brazil for the online used car marketplace?
- [39:54] The dynamics of working with a remote team.
- [44:55] Advice Guimar would give himself if he were starting over.
Resources & People Mentioned
- FJ Labs Venture Capital
- Quasar Ventures Argentina
- Boxed – online retailer similar to Costco
- Chrono24 – global online marketplace for used luxury watches
- Fabrice Grinda