As more Magma companies start to do business in Mexico, I’ve started to learn more about the Mexican entrepreneurial ecosystem. I wrote a guide to the Mexican VC ecosystem that I hope helps entrepreneurs looking for funding in Mexico have a roadmap of Mexican funds. From the post:
Mexico is the most interesting startup ecosystem in Latin America. It’s interesting because:
- Population (125m, Mexico City has more people than Chile)
- Biggest Latin American economy leads to startups servicing local market
- Proximity to the US leads to more global vision from entrepreneurs
- US companies with their tech back offices in Mexico
- US funds with presence in Mexico
There are three important cities for tech in Mexico, although there is activity in many other cities, too.