Billpocket is Mexico’s leading fintech that allows SMEs to accept credit cards. Since 2013, Billpocket has enabled more merchants to accept credit and debit cards than any Mexican bank. Our product’s simplicity and unbeatable distribution networks have made Billpocket the most efficient and profitable merchant acquirer in the region. With the right team, top tier investors, a proven formula and a set of new products, Billpocket is ready to build a new era of financial inclusion in LatAm. To attack this huge opportunity, we are gathering the smartest people to build an outlier executive team that guides Billpocket into becoming the largest payments network on the continent. Within this exceptional team, the Chief Revenue Officer is the key player to grow Billpocket by aligning, managing and scaling all our revenue- generating teams including the sales, marketing and Merchant Success® teams.
We have successfully created a strong network from small distributors to corporate distributors that has driven our growth at an accelerated pace for the last few years. Our strategy now needs to be strengthened and leveraged to increase that speed with the help of an overperforming business development leader who will build the right team, with the right incentives and tools to grow even faster. The CRO will develop and grow our partnerships to increase sales in Mexico and expand our business to Latin America.
The CRO is responsible for delivering Billpocket to as many merchants as possible in the most profitable way through building commercial and distribution strategies while positioning the Billpocket brand with merchants. The CRO is expected to scale Billpocket’s revenues by 10s of times while promoting an organisational culture of revenue growth and customer focus all across the organization. The CRO is also expected to have a flawless understanding of B2B2C channels, partners based distribution strategies and direct B2B sales operations.
Together with the executive team, the CRO will execute Billpocket’s strategic plan focusing on strengthening our operations with our current partners and expansion to new customer segments and partnerships. We are looking for a booster for our revenue streams.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION:
● Build and lead a top performing sales and marketing machine by hiring top talent and building the processes and strategies required to drive significant year on year growth
● Develop a customer first company mentality across all customer segments and create a strong international brand
● Leverage data effectively to develop scalable sales and marketing growth models and optimize key performance metrics such as CAC, LTV and overall company performance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Grow Billpocket’s revenue exponentially year over year
● Develop and execute the go-to-market strategy
● Design and implement predictable, repeatable, and scalable sales and marketing processes
● Accountable for achievement of revenue goals
● Clearly articulate and position the company value proposition and differentiators
● Coordinate and align marketing, sales, and Merchant Success® teams
● Ensure that processes deliver an exceptional and effective end-to-end customer and buyer experience
● Define go-to-market models across offers and segments to access customers
● Partner with the product team to define differentiated offerings
● Integrate the revenue tech stack including marketing automation, salesforce automation, CRM, digital channels, business intelligence and customer data platform
● Attract, hire, train and retain top sales, marketing and Merchant Success® talent
● Structure and manage successful relationships with allies and channel partners
● Establish and maintain brand touchpoints - including websites and social channels - to engage buyers across segments
● Oversee marketing execution to deliver buyer engagement programs and performance with on-target funnel volumes and velocity
● Leverage customer research to provide strategic leadership for brand architecture and positioning
● Drive a lean startup style environment of constant experimentation and learning
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
● Highly energetic, goal oriented personality
● Goal oriented
● Critical, strategic and analytical thinker
● Takes a data driven approach to problem solving and decision making around GTM processes and strategies
● Inspirational leader that easily moves others to action by planning, motivating, organizing and directing work being done
● Values different points of view with an innate ability to channel these effectively for best results
● Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly
● Extraordinary technical writing and public speaking
● Great balance of risk taking and judgement
● Able to operate independently and comfortable taking a hands on approach
● Thought leader in the industry
● Proven experience in:
○ Developing and executing business strategy for high growth companies
○ Growing predictable revenue several times for at least two different industries
○ Building successful sales teams in B2B industries
○ Managing change across organizations with accelerated growth (+100% yearly)
Education: MBA or equivalent advanced degree is a plus.
Experience: 10y in business role + 5y in a leadership position Languages Business Spanish and English
Tools or technical knowledge: Solid technical experience with Salesforce and other commercial tools.
Deep knowledge of cross-channel marketing, native advertising, programmatic, and the latest trends in digital advertising
Special requests: Experience building sales strategies and teams in high growth in companies (+100% yearly). Thought leader.
Experience both in Mexico and outside of Mexico (particularly USA and Europe) is required.
Sales skills: VERY HIGH
Managementskills :VERY HIGH