Do you want to help hundreds of thousands of young people to realize their potential? Are you a target-driven individual with exceptional interpersonal skills and have a passion for driving new business? Do you want to join one of the world’s leading ed-tech companies, working to make an impact on the lives of young talent around the world?
WHO WE ARE
Talent is everywhere but opportunities are not. With your help we will connect global talent - especially from the developing world - with the opportunities they need to succeed and realize their potential.
We believe in our purpose in helping people realize their potential and we work hard to bring this to life every day through our vision and values. In 2020, The Intern Group was recognised as one of Europe’s top 100 ed-tech companies (HolonIQ Europe EdTech 100 – HolonIQ) and both our virtual and international programmes continue to go from strength to strength. We connect talented individuals from across the world with high-quality internships and curate strong professional development experiences. The Intern Group prides itself on its people and the opportunities we give to interns and companies alike. Being part of The Intern Group will allow you to discover yourself and realize that your potential has no limits.
Take a moment and pause - imagine everyone in our world realizing their potential - 8 billion people. Imagine what we could achieve! This is the world to which we aspire. Listen to our co-founder Johanna Molina elaborating on our aspiration.
More about us: https://www.theinterngroup.com/
The Intern Group is seeking a capable CTO to support our growing Technology Team. The candidate will be responsible for building a new technology function with the business to drive our technology transformation strategy . This is a rare opportunity to build something from the ground up and the successful candidate will have proven experience in building new technology platforms from ideation to MVP to full release, recruiting and developing high performing teams to deliver on the needs of the business.
The location of this role is LATAM. The main language spoken in the company is English.
This is a full-time, permanent role. This role reports to the CEO & works extremely closely with our Chief of Staff day-to-day.
YOUR KEY KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Platform selection and technical design - architecting and governing the technology stack to support the business, product roadmap and software requirements
- Team selection and recruitment - recruiting and developing the right people with the right experience, background and specialisms to support platform development
- Technical roadmap and MVP design - working with Chief of Staff, CEO and other business leaders to plan technology releases in line with strategy / priorities
- DevOps, Agile / Sprint Management - working with Chief of Staff and product manager to manage delivery of individual sprints and release into the business
- QA / Product Testing - working with product manager to manage the testing process, including release testing, regression testing and UAT, ensuring high product quality
- Technology hosting - Ensuring technology is available and can scale to demand in each of the major markets in which The Intern Group operates
- Environment Management - Implementing and managing the development pipeline from testing to staging to production, ensuring system uptime/stability
- Incident Management - putting in place stringent disaster recovery and incident management procedures to handle unexpected issues with the product / system
- Cybersecurity - Putting in place security policies, technologies and systems to ensure the proper protection of customers and customer data
- Data Protection / Governance - Ensuring data is effectively managed and stored in line with GDPR, Global Data Standards and Protection policies
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology or a related field, Master’s preferable
- 5+ Years’ experience, managing the software development lifecycle (SDLC) with proven experience taking a product from ideation to MVP to scale
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices - including coding standards, source control, build, test, deploy and operations
- Have a strong understanding of the building blocks of a robust and scalable system and how to best combine people, data and technology to achieve business objectives
- Deep knowledge of full stack development processes (DevOps, API’s) and modern coding technologies - able to evaluate the needs of the business and design an appropriate technology stack (front end / web technologies, backend / databases)
- Effective leader and team player who knows how to hire and manage the right talent to scale the engineering team - able to recruit and develop a high performing team
- Ability and comfort to work at least 90% in English, working with remote, virtual teams across multiple time zones and regions for whom English may be a second language
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Generous global PTO policy
- Continuous learning opportunities
- The incredible opportunity to meet new people and network with people from all around the world across a wide range of industries.
- Opportunity to get in at the ground level on a new technology function within the Intern Group, building the platform that will drive the future growth of the business
HOW TO APPLY
We really hope this role has what you’re looking for. If you would like to apply, click on the “Apply for this Job” button above and submit a brief cover note (addressed to Mr. Taco) telling us a bit about yourself along with your resume or CV in English.
The Intern Group is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.