Magma Partners is a leading Latin American venture capital firm. Founded in 2014, Magma has invested in 100+ top startups that are solving Latin America’s biggest problems and driving top-tier returns for our investors.
Why join Magma
Most startups overlook content marketing, PR and communications when they are just getting started. Many fail to build out a full strategy as they grow. Magma has been at the forefront of content creation, PR, podcast production and digital marketing strategy as a fund.
We’ve taken the best practices from our top portfolio companies, combined with our own experience building the Magma Partners platform to bring social media, PR, communications, and digital marketing services to our own portfolio companies.
We encourage our team to never stop learning, continuously take on new challenges, and explore opportunities to grow within the organization. If you are comfortable making this role your own and want to get a foot in the door in venture capital and startups, this is the role for you.
We are looking for an excellent writer, ideally in English and Spanish, who is proactive, curious about the tech and venture capital industry in Latin America, and a great communicator. We work in a dynamic, diverse setting that offers many opportunities for networking and learning from companies in cutting-edge industries in our portfolio.
Our team is fully remote and our portfolio has founders in 30+ cities around Latin America, US and Europe. You must be a native English speaker and be comfortable reading and writing in Spanish, communicating directly and clearly, and being willing to learn how to learn.
What you will do
As a Content Specialist, you will build out and execute different content strategies for both Magma, our portfolio companies and Latamlist.com. You should expect to write multiple articles per week, but also be comfortable suggesting new ideas, and ideally thinking through strategy.
You will work closely with Mak Gutierrez, Nathan Lustig, Pedro Pablo del Campo Klerman and the rest of the Magma team, along with developing relationships with startup founders and executives across Latin America.
Our last three Content Specialists all went on to roles with significantly higher responsibility within 12-18 months, and if you are the right fit, you should be able to advance in Magma.
- Developing copy for digital marketing campaigns.
- Researching, outlining, and drafting articles for Magma Partners/portfolio companies’ blogs in English.
- Analyzing and understanding clients’ audience, interests, and needs and identifying opportunities to expand reach.
- Making recommendations for ways to improve clients’ engagement and conversion.
- Adapting strategies and campaigns based on results.
- Translating articles from Spanish to English, and ideally Portugese.
- Work with clients in cutting-edge industries across Latin America.
- Network with diverse founders and support them in solving global problems within the Latin American market.
- Learn about the world of tech startups and venture capital
- Move up and take on more responsibility within Magma.
- Native fluency in English; can read and write in Spanish. Portuguese is a plus but not required!
- Creative and analytical writer with a knack for understanding and simplifying complex topics.
- Able to work independently and on a team.
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
Nice to have
- SEO experience: research and implement content recommendations for organic SEO success; perform ongoing keyword research.
- Experience with basic CMS tools like Wordpress
- Having a passion for writing and measuring effective CTAs.
- A great eye for memes and internet trends.
Please send us a sample of your work through the application form. We'd love to get an idea of your writing style.
Are you a native Spanish content marketer? Then this job posting might interest you.