Magma Partners is a leading Latin American venture capital firm. Founded in 2014, Magma has invested in 90+ top startups that are solving Latin America’s biggest problems and driving top-tier returns for our investors.
Why work at Magma
Most startups overlook content marketing, PR and communications when they are just getting started. Many fail to build out a full strategy as they grow. Magma has been at the forefront of content creation, PR, podcast production and digital marketing strategy as a fund.
We’ve taken the best practices from our top portfolio companies, combined with our own experience building the Magma Partners platform, and launched Magma Media to bring social media, PR, communications, and digital marketing services to our own portfolio companies.
At Magma, we encourage you to never stop learning, continuously take on new challenges, and explore opportunities to grow within the organization.
We need someone who is proactive, curious about the tech and venture capital industry in Latin America, and an excellent writer. We work in a dynamic, diverse setting that offers many opportunities for networking and learning from companies in cutting-edge industries in our portfolio.
Our team is fully remote and our portfolio has founders in 30+ cities around Latin America, US and Europe. You must be a native English speaker and be comfortable reading and writing in Spanish, communicating directly and clearly, and being willing to learn how to learn.
What you will do
As a content marketing writer, you will build out and execute different content strategies and write articles, blog posts, and thought-provoking bylines for Magma portfolio companies, Magma itself, and our publication LatamList.
You will work closely with Josefina Domínguez Iino on LatamList, Mak Gutierrez with our portfolio companies, and Nathan Lustig, Pedro Pablo del Campo Klerman and Claire Diaz-Ortiz on the investment team.
- Developing copy for digital marketing campaigns.
- Researching, outlining, and drafting articles for Magma Partners/portfolio companies’ blogs in English.
- Analyzing and understanding clients’ audience, interests, and needs and identifying opportunities to expand reach.
- Making recommendations for ways to improve clients’ engagement and conversion.
- Adapting strategies and campaigns based on results.
- Work with clients in cutting-edge industries across Latin America.
- Network with diverse founders and support them in solving global problems within the Latin American market.
- Native fluency in English; can read and write in Spanish.
- Creative and analytical writer with a knack for understanding and simplifying complex topics.
- Able to work independently and on a team.
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- SEO experience: research and implement content recommendations for organic SEO success; perform ongoing keyword research.
- Experience with basic CMS tools like Wordpress, a plus but not required.
- Having a passion for writing and measuring effective CTAs.
- A great eye for memes and internet trends.
Please send us a sample of your work through the application form. We'd love to get an idea of your writing style.
Are you a native Spanish content marketer? Then this job posting might interest you.