Who we are
Magma Partners is a leading Latin American venture capital firm. Founded in 2014, Magma has invested in 125+ top startups that are solving Latin America’s biggest problems and driving top-tier returns for our investors. We meet, analyze and review 1000+ entrepreneurs from all across Latin America to invest in 20-25 startups per year.
Our team is fully remote and our portfolio has founders in 30+ cities around Latin America, US and Europe.
We believe the strongest brands of the future will likely have well built-out media arms. The best brands will own their own communications channels, whether that's blogs, media sites, social channels and more. Both Magma and our portfolio companies need to double and triple down on content in order to continue to be successful. We are looking to expand our team and continue to invest in content.
Magma is the leading Latin America VC for content. Some of our strengths include:
- Latamlist.com - Latin America’s largest English-language tech news platform
- Crossing Borders Podcast - Latin America’s, first English-language podcast
- Latamlist Espresso’s weekly tech news podcast
- Educational articles for founders in both English and Spanish to help them be more successful
What we need
We are looking for an excellent writer who is proactive, curious about the tech and venture capital industry in Latin America, and a great communicator. We work in a dynamic, diverse setting that offers many opportunities for networking and learning from innovative companies in our portfolio.
You must be a native English speaker and be comfortable reading and writing in Spanish and communicating directly and clearly. As you will be working remotely, it is important that you are self-driven and motivated.
What you’ll do
As a Content Specialist, you will build out and execute different content strategies for both Magma, our portfolio companies and Latamlist.com. You will write multiple articles per week, and should be comfortable suggesting new ideas, and thinking through strategy.
Our last three Content Specialists all went on to roles with significantly greater responsibility within 12-18 months, and if you are the right fit, you should be able to grow within Magma as well.
- Develop copy for digital marketing campaigns.
- Research, outline, and draft articles for Magma Partners/portfolio companies’ blogs in English.
- Analyze and understand clients’ audience, interests, and needs, as well as identify opportunities to expand reach.
- Make recommendations for ways to improve clients’ engagement and conversion.
- Adapt strategies and campaigns based on results.
- Translate articles from Spanish to English, and ideally Portuguese.
- Native fluency in English; can read and write in Spanish. Portuguese is a plus but not required!
- Creative and analytical writer with a knack for understanding and simplifying complex topics.
- Able to work independently and on a team.
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate would also have:
- SEO experience: research and implement content recommendations for organic SEO success; perform ongoing keyword research.
- Experience with basic CMS tools like Wordpress
- A passion for writing and measuring effective CTAs.
- A great eye for memes and internet trends.
With us, you'll find a diverse group of colleagues with different backgrounds and perspectives. We believe everyone has something of value to offer, and that sustaining a truly diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace begins with fostering an environment where people can be themselves, authentically, every day.
We believe that working on the Magma team, in any role, is a great way to jumpstart your career in the startup world.