Who we are
Magma Partners is a leading Latin American venture capital firm. Founded in 2014, Magma has invested in 125+ top startups that are solving Latin America’s biggest problems and driving top-tier returns for our investors.
Our team is fully remote, distributed across Latin America, with presence in Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Argentina and USA.
What we need
We are looking for a controller who will be central to Magma’s operations, increasing efficiency while ensuring we are compliant at every step. The controller will manage the relationship with fund administrators, external auditors, and investors, and be able to give a correct and transparent assessment of the financial situation of the funds at all times. S/he will oversee all administrative work, reviewing all documents from due diligence, and internally auditing ourselves.
What you’ll do
You will work closely with Nathan Lustig, Pedro del Campo, Mak Gutierrez, and the rest of the Magma team in order to help build out processes, assess the financial activity within the funds, its entities and assets, and report upwards. You will play an integral part in Magma’s relationship with our LP’s, supplying them with valuable data that provides clarity in their investment.
- Lead the coordination of our external fund service providers and advisors (admin / audit / tax)
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and expenditures
- Implement consistent policies, practices, and procedures across Magma
- Manage and monitor all accounts and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate standards
- Create customized reports as requested by Magma senior leadership
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of Magma assets, policies, procedures, and workflow
- Send wires, review financial statements, ensure cap tables are correct
You are self-disciplined and love making sure reports are accurate and tasks are complete. You are straightforward, analytical, and decisive, and are able to communicate effectively with different internal and external stakeholders. In addition, the ideal candidate has:
- World-class attention to detail
- Good command of English (both written and spoken)
- The ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal responsibility
- Accounting expertise and prior experience leading a team
- Prior experience or demonstrated interest in Venture Capital or Private Equity
If this sounds like you, please fill out the application below! We believe that working on the Magma team, in any role, is a great way to accelerate your career in the startup world