Apply by sending your resume, LinkedIn, or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full-time remote-first position with flexibility. Competitive salary and stock options, negotiable. Looking for a technology pioneer keen to revolutionize the financial service industry.
- We are looking for a CTO to help us become the leading digital bank for the world's 1.3 billion unbanked women. We are seeking a highly-skilled, mission-driven engineer with an uncapped enthusiasm for all things fintech. The CTO will be tasked with making executive technology decisions for the company, including building the technology architecture from the ground up, hiring a best-in-class team, finding and managing key partnerships, and overseeing a technology budget. The ideal candidate would be a strategic and imaginative thinker, a confident decision maker and communicator, and a technology expert with deep fintech insight.
What You'll Do
- Design and build the tech vision behind one of the biggest financial inclusion opportunities of our day.
- Hire an exceptional tech team and optimize methodologies to drive efficient development outcomes across all levels, features and products.
- Lead the technical vision, strategy and implementation for Jefa: Define the future architecture, develop a new product and platform, and revolutionize the banking sector. Make executive technology decisions for the company.
- Set up the tech future of Jefa working with our core banking and other key partners.
- Enhance and enrich Jefa's tech-focused company culture.
- Ensure world-class reliability for Jefa's systems. Ensure all technology and practices adhere to regional and global regulatory standards.
- Make and manage the tech budget and accompanying timelines.
- Outline the goals for research and development.
- Stay on top of technology trends and developments.
Who You Are
- You care about using your exceptional skillset and talent to make a difference in the world.
- You are up to date with the latest technologies that we use: Java Sprint Boot, SQL, Google Cloud Services.
- You possess not only top-notch tech skills, but also keen business skills honed through experience or similar top management roles.
- You are passionate about the latest stack; you have the full overview of the latest methodologies and innovations, and can choose the best to implement.
- You are keen to join a supportive, collaborative, kind, trusting, open and constructive company culture. Building a positive culture really matters to us.
- You are both a strategic as well as an operational leader; you can establish a clear tech vision and then lead it to fruition.
- You should have already built up an impressive product or project from a tech perspective. Previous experience within the fintech industry is not essential but of course highly preferrred.
- You are a people leader, have experience in growing and leading teams of senior engineers and enjoy attracting and hiring top talent to continue to raise the bar of the team
- You are an absolute tech enthusiast and have experience in and are passionate about software engineering and using a range of technologies to solve complex problems
- You were building your career leading engineering culture in Agile and DevOps environments. You understand the software development life-cycle and have technical ability to assess and support software engineers with coding, test automation and quality assurance.
- You will be working with a lot of different stakeholders, including investors. Therefore, you also have a sense for breaking down complexity and keeping an eye on monetization.
- You are a strong communicator and leader and can interact effectively with all areas of the business.
- Slightly preferred: You are Spanish-speaking and/or have experience in Mexico.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Unlimited vacation time. We encourage and make sure you take this, too!
- 20% time. You can spend this chunk of your work week/day dedicated to career growth and improvement (taking courses, reading, learning from a mentor/tutor)
- Flexible working hours. Middle of the night each day, for 24 hours every Tuesday and Thursday, we've seen it all.
- Name your perks. Some employees have gotten erganomic chairs, sweet desktop displays, gym memberships, Spanish lessons. Whatever helps you be the best you, we've got it.
- We take care of you. Remote team lunches, retreats, coworking spaces.
- Easy remote work policy. We believe in co-located teams. We have an international team — diversity is our strength.
- Make a big difference. Take, own and implement decisions to build Jefa from scratch.
- Mission driven company with the most inspired people around. We're not biased here, are we?
- We are anti-racist and fully support all genders, ethnicities, religions, abilities, and talents. We love that everybody loves differently. We love differences - they make us special.
- We don't look for traditionally successful CVs. You won't have to solve hypothetical problems or answer in a certain way. We want to know you, fully unique and individual you.
How to apply
Forward your LinkedIn or CV to email@example.com. If you want to stand out, answer:
- What excites you about joining Jefa?
We can't wait to hear from you! 🥳