Who we are
Magma Partners is a leading Latin American venture capital firm. Founded in 2014, Magma has invested in 125+ top startups that are solving Latin America’s biggest problems and driving top-tier returns for our investors.
We have an internal tech team that builds Magma-owned products to support our portfolio companies, helps give advice to the startups in our portfolio about building their own products, and occasionally will be asked to provide feedback on new investment decisions.
Our team is fully remote, distributed across Latin America, with presence in Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Argentina and USA.
What we need
We are looking for a Developer who will work within the Magma tech team, helping us build out our web platforms, products and APIs that support our investment team, LPs and portfolio companies.
You will be creating the software that enables us to make data driven decisions. With your help, Magma will make better investment decisions, and our portfolio of startups will be better equipped to grow and solve many of Latin America’s biggest problems.
What you’ll do
You will work closely with Mak Gutierrez, Nathan Lustig, Pedro del Campo and the rest of the Magma team in order to help build out tools to support the startup ecosystem in Latin America.
You will continue building our infrastructure tools and support current ones. We work primarily with a Jamstack running on linux instances with some AWS services attached (Cognito, lambda, to name a few).
- Ensure that our infrastructure and websites stay up and are fast!
- Prioritize projects and tasks based on the business needs.
- Make the product process more efficient by following DRY principles and avoiding duplicating efforts, and tasks.
- Document the project code and understand the team needs and feedback.
- Develop and implement a basic CI/CD pipeline and unify and update our tools to our current tech stack.
- Maintain and support all things tech within the organization. This will sometimes include low-code website integrations, backups and managing our tool set.
- Suggest and implement solutions that build on our integrated tool stack.
We want someone who thinks and learns about the problems we will solve together, before jumping into coding. You should feel at home working on multiple projects and spending time asking questions. The new apps that you scope and build will be based on strategic decisions you make with the rest of the Magma team.
You should be able to work within a small dev team in a startup-style environment. The ideal candidate is someone who wants to become a CTO at a startup as they gain more experience.
You should be comfortable on the linux command line to manage and deploy services and be well versed on the following tool stack:
- NextJS + React (React router, Redux, Jest)
- AWS LightSail instances running Ubuntu.
Some familiarity with the following tools is a plus:
- CI / CD Pipelines
- PHP (wordpress plugins)
- Figma to Frontend workflows.
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate:
- Is a full stack developer with an eye for good product design.
- Is interested in Venture Capital, startups, ML and Data driven products.
- Can have a conversation in English and Spanish.
- Has a good eye for memes.
Our goal is that after ~2 years, you will have the tools and skill set for you to be ready to start your own startup, join a top Latin American startup in a high level role, or continue to help build Magma and support the next generation of startups in Latin America.