Magma Partners is a leading Latin American venture capital firm. Founded in 2014, Magma has invested in 100+ top startups that are solving Latin America’s biggest problems, driving top-tier returns for our investors.
We meet, analyze and review 1000+ entrepreneurs from all across Latin America to invest in 15-25 startups per year. Check out magmapartners.com for more information, along with our portfolio, what we invest in, and our values.
Why we're hiring for this role
In 2018, we realized that Latin American startups were not failing because of a lack of capital, but because they were struggling to recruit the best talent, and shorten their feedback loops so they could grow more quickly. We created our internal Magma Agency to help our portfolio companies succeed.
This role will help both Magma and our portfolio companies recruit, develop and retain top global talent. You will be in charge of building relationships with top talent, building out candidate profiles, working with our portfolio company founders and HR teams, and leading Magma’s in-house team to find the best talent for our companies.
We want to help our companies win. You will help us help them.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for someone with a passion for people, recruiting and helping people get the most out of their talent.
Our team is fully remote and our portfolio has founders in 30+ cities around Latin America, US and Europe. You should be comfortable communicating in both English and Spanish, communicating directly and clearly, and being willing to learn how to learn. You will be the bridge between talent and our portfolio companies. You should be comfortable recruiting and evaluating candidates from both Latin America and the US and helping them find roles with our portfolio companies.
Our team is close-knit and values driven. We expect the person we hire to be similarly mission-driven to help top entrepreneurs solve some of the biggest problems in Latin America.
We believe that working on the Magma team, in any role, is a great way to jumpstart your career in the startup world.
- Understand Magma portfolio companies’ talent needs, from go to market to tech, product to operations, executive level to junior hires
- Understand the Magma team’s talent needs
- Be able to match Latin American and US talent with portfolio company job opportunities
- Build a network of talent in Latin America and the US
- Be comfortable working with 3rd party recruiters and job websites
- Be able to context-switch and be motivated by variety. You’ll be working with many different portfolio companies each week, along with internal projects, from pre-seed to Series B startups, all with different cultures and core values.
- Work closely with Magma portfolio founders, the Magma investment team and the Magma portfolio services team to build relationships and recruit talent
- Build out best practices for early stage startups HR and talent acquisition
- Drive engagement between portfolio companies and the Magma team around best practices and talent acquisition.
- Offer advice and connections to portfolio companies on their talent needs
- Build the Magma talent database
- Be willing and able to mentor key people in the organization and portfolio company teams, even if you haven’t done this in the past. We expect you to be the Talent Expert inside of Magma.
- Experience recruiting top talent, ideally for the tech industry
- Strong communications skills
- Experience with full life cycle recruiting and experience working with agencies
- Strong writing skills
- Can converse in English and Spanish. Portuguese is a bonus.
- Understanding of the Latin America startup and VC ecosystem is a plus
- A pre-existing network of Latin American and US talent is a plus
- Projected start date: As soon as possible
- Magma offers a competitive salary, bonus and a portion of carried interest
- Fully remote