Brian Requarth VivaReal Podcast
Originally from California, Brian Requarth cofounded VivaReal, the Zillow of Brazil, which he's grown by raising more than $78M in venture capital that has more than 600 employees.
Outline of This Episode
- [1:30] What is VivaReal and how did Brian decide to establish and build the platform?
- [4:45] The fun entrepreneurial things Brian did when he was in high school.
- [7:20] The birth of “English Without Borders” in South America, a borrowed suit, and knocking on doors for clients.
- [9:44] How Brian met his current co-founder and started a web development company.
- [15:25] How VivaReal made the switch to Brazil from the United States.
- [18:14] The challenges of operating in multiple Latin American companies at once.
- [21:24] Advice for those considering a startup in Latin America: When should you pull the trigger?
- [23:33] The challenges of moving to Brazil without speaking the language (Portuguese).
- [28:03] Making mistakes raising capital and getting creative with attracting investors.
- [34:29] The value of having insightful mentors and investors to help establish things.
- [35:40] Scaling a company in Brazil: challenges and lessons-learned.
- [44:00] Raising money from Brazil and from abroad.
- [49:15] Why should U.S. investors consider Latin American companies?
- [55:30] What Brian is noticing about the current economic conditions in Latin America.
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect With Nathan
If you enjoyed this episode - would you mind subscribing and leaving a rating and review?
SUBSCRIBE, RATE, AND REVIEW ON iTunes
SUBSCRIBE, RATE AND REVIEW ON Stitcher