Jason Grullón Virtu Podcast
Jason Grullón is the cofounder of Virtu, a sustainable fashion brand that produces most of its apparel in his native Dominican Republic. Please enjoy this episode of the Crossing Borders Podcast.
Outline of This Episode
- [0:25] Who is Jason Grullón?
- [1:51] What is virtu and how does the company work to change people’s lives?
- [3:08] Why Jason’s company uses employees from a slum.
- [5:06] Meeting the demand of the Kickstarter success.
- [8:50] The difference the company is making by paying the living wage for the Dominican Republic.
- [13:04] Finding producers in Bolivia and the organic process that happened.
- [18:01] Why the company is profitable because it is socially responsible.
- [22:14] How did Jason wind up going to law school and moving into fashion?
- [26:43] The business opportunities that exist in the Dominican Republic.
- [31:51] Jason’s predictions about the D.R. economy and business climate in the future.
- [34:39] The mistakes companies make when attempting a sustainable brand.
- [41:22] The social and PR benefits of having Virtu provide business uniforms.
- [45:09] Advice Jason would give to himself if he were starting over.
- [48:52] The response Jason’s friends and family had to his business ideas.
- [52:17] Streamlining and expanding to Haiti as the company moves ahead.
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect With Nathan
If you enjoyed this episode - would you mind subscribing and leaving a rating and review?
SUBSCRIBE, RATE, AND REVIEW ON iTunes
SUBSCRIBE, RATE AND REVIEW ON Stitcher