Nathan Lustig’s overview of the Latin American ecosystem on Parallel18’s ‘Mentored’ Series
Parallel18 is a government-backed accelerator program founded by Sebastian Vidal to help promote entrepreneurship in Puerto Rico. The program seeks to turn the island into an international hub for tech innovation, and has received applications from startups from more than 48 different countries.
‘Mentored’ is an educational program for Latin American entrepreneurs, where Parallel18 visiting mentors share their knowledge, experiences, and advice.
Our Managing Partner, Nathan Lustig, recently presented on Parallel18’s ‘Mentored’ series to talk about Latin America’s ecosystem. Here’s what to expect from this episode:
- Hype in LatIn America: Why many venture capital firms are investing in the region
- An overview of some of the biggest deals in Latin America (Rappi, Nubank, Cornershop, Softbank)
- How Latin American entrepreneurs have improved
- China and US investors: Approaching deals in Latin America
- An overview of Nathan’s podcast, Crossing Borders
- Advice for entrepreneurs thinking about what business they want to start
- Books and thought leaders Nathan recommends
Check out the video above for the full episode to hear Nathan’s take on why Latin America’s ecosystem is at an inflection point!